Posted to alt.food.diabetic
pavane[_5_] pavane[_5_] is offline

Default What is "Lamb neck"?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 06/20/2013 05:31 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Todd" wrote in message ...
>>>

>>> After the soup cooks, do I just let it cool, fish ou the lamp neck,
>>> separate the meat from the bones, toss the meat back in, and toss
>>> the bones in the bin?
>>>
>>> =================================
>>>
>>> If I do soup with bones I ladle the soup into bowls, put the bowls on
>>> dinner plates and put a serve of meaty bones on the dinner plate along
>>> with crusty bread and butter for those that want it. If I was using
>>> lamb shanks or a smoked ham hock I would fish them out and cut the
>>> meat off and toss it back into the slow cooker. I would then attack
>>> the bones, always have been a bone attacker, lol. My kids leave meat
>>> on their bones all the time!

>> Well, lamb neck is a little bony for that, and if it's cooked till
>> tender pretty much falls off the little bones, but to each their own. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> I was wondering about that. Thank you!

Good grief, they are bones, fresh from cooking and full of
cartilage, texture, and some form of savorable substance.
Keep them hot and moist, and serve them. Any bone
so cooked is better than no bone. Tell your guests to
lick and suck them. If no one likes them ah well. If
at least one loves them, a palpable success.

pavane