Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default nice article on salt

On 06/16/2013 05:09 AM, Don Roberto wrote:
> I'm used to Julie is getting things wrong - she's an expert at that.

Hi Don,

Its okay to get thighs wrong every so often. (Who me? I NEVER DO!)
It is not okay to bear false witness against someone. Just reading
the first paragraph tells you Mark wasn't telling any lies.
She maligned the guy. Julie is a "professional offense taker".
I just ignore her and don't respond to her.

> What got to me were the other two clowns who jumped on the band wagon
> without reading the article and helped her totally twist the story
> before anyone got a chance to comment on _the merits_ of the article.

The other two guys are really not clowns. They are really decent folks
and I enjoy their friendship. And, they are good cooks. They made the
mistake of taking Julie at her word. When you think about, they
probably thought "[a] nice article on salt" was another one of those
articles on low salt articles that Mark referred to and didn't realize
Mark was refuting them.

It is/was an understandable mistake. And now they have to forgive me
(and everyone else) when they screw up. Which is what friends are
for. (Ribbing, as long as it is funny, is allowed.)

I especially loved the part about Potassium. My wife did a lot of
research on Potassium before reading Mark's article and Mark came up
with the same thing my (highly intelligent, whom I greatly admire)
wife came up with:

"Unfortunately, the official recommendations for sodium and
potassium intake cannot be met simultaneously. Yep – the
experts want you to eat in a way that is literally impossible
to accomplish. Inspires confidence, doesn’t it?"

By the way, I got called "Fuzzy Lovey" on another group. In my
rebuttal, the corn and baloney flowed on and on and on . "Bad
for my reputation!", "take it back!", "I can be insensitive!",
"for the love all that is good and decent!". I bet his eyes
were glues to the top of his head for hours. One of my finer
hours.

-T