Old 15-06-2013, 01:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Don Roberto Don Roberto is offline

Default nice article on salt

On 6/14/2013 3:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Mark Sisson (Mark's Daily Apple) has a nice article on salt:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-...s-it-good-for/

-T

I don't think it's nice at all! The writer starts out with a bunch of lies.
That salt is "universally maligned and demonized".

He *doesn't* say that.
What he wrote was:
I canít think of a nutrient thatís been so universally maligned and demonized as salt.

Learn how to read *and* comprehend more than a couple of sentences at
the time because...

And that "all the
experts hate it"! I'm not going to read any further. The author is a
blatant liar. I don't know of anyone who tells people to avoid salt.

....if you'd have read the whole article, you'd know the author isn't
telling anyone to avoid salt.

The
body *needs* sodium. Yes, a small percentage of people are put on a low
sodium diet for various medical reasons. But mind you that is *low* and not
*no*. But most people don't have to do this and it isn't recommended for
most people. I don't know of any "expert" who would tell anyone to avoid
salt. If they did, then they shouldn't be an "expert" at whatever it is
they claim to be the expert at