Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Sweet gunpowder?

Dario Niedermann > writes:

>Lewis Perin > wrote:
>
>> Maybe you should try better quality green tea?

>That's always a possibility. However, I really like the latest gunpowder
>I've been able to find: It's so much more flavourful than the Twinings,
>which is my only term of comparison for this kind of tea, so far.
>
>> Of course, its possible that you simply have a very low tolerance
>> for bitterness - some people are €świred€ť that way.

>Supertasters, as they're known. I've been wondering if I might be one. I
>do like beer, though. OTOH, I find unsweetened coffee simply impossible
>to drink.

I suspect that so-called supertasters have an advantage over the rest of
us when tasting something totally unfamiliar and also when for some
reason its hard to concentrate. With a lot of experience drinking tea,
I think neuronormals can discern as much in the cup as supertasters in a
relaxed setting.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /