Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Price of Fish, got it wrong

On 06/06/2013 07:40 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>
>> Anyone try Bigwheel's Parmesan cheese idea for breading?
>>
>> -T

> I imagine this from many years ago will work for fish as well as chicken.
>

> Laurie's Parmesan Chicken Wings
>
> 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
> 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes)
> 2 tsp. paprika
> 1 tsp. dried oregano
> 1/2 tsp. dried basil
> 1/4 tsp. salt
> 1/4 tsp. pepper
> 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
> 1 pound chicken wings, disjointed and tips removed
>
> Preheat oven to 350º. In a big ziplock bag, combine parmesan cheese and
> spices, and shake to mix. Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl. Dip
> wings (a few at a time) into the butter, then put into the bag and shake
> to coat. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 45
> minutes.
>
> *I use Release foil, parchment paper, or throw away baking sheet
> otherwise you have a huge clean up problem.

Hi Cheri,

Oh man that sounds good! Thank you! We are going to try it this
weekend. (Anything to forget the fish debacle.)

I have noticed that since being inducted into the pin cushion
club, my tastes have changed. I haven't cared for chicken
lately, but this is going to turn the tide!

I should be able to modify it just fine for my saute pan too.

-T

If my stainless steel saute pan get to burnt, I just soak
it in hot Oxo oxygen cleaner. My Wife uses it in the laundry.
Comes out so nice and shiny and easy to wash. Don't boil it.
I would not use Oxi Clean, as it has harsh detergents and
perfume in it that will cause breathing problems. Not
good to eat any traces either.

Just got back my latest A1c. Dropped from 6.1% three
months ago to 5.6%. I know, without knowing the plus and
minus, it is not too helpful, but it is the trend I am after.

You know, I think I actually have more variety in my diet
since my induction and inclusion on this group. You guys are
a blessing.