Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default ?Poblano!

Todd > wrote:
: >> rellanos or Mexican stuffed peppers, which i have never made,but have
: >> eaten:-) Poplanos(dried called Anchos) are mld for a chili, bu thave a
: >>
: >> little kick so can add a nice light punch to things like those scrambled
: >>
: >> eggs.
: >>
: >> Wendy
: >
: > Hey Wendy..thanks for your input on the peppers. I was taught to do the
: > red ones..Anchos in a blender with cold water. Hot water makes them turn
: > orange for some reason..but cold water make them come out bright red and
: > ready to dump on any kind of Mexican looking food group needing a zippy
: > red chile sauce. Never did try pulverizing many green ones but that
: > should work too.

: How does one turn a Poblano into a Ancho. I though Anchos were just
: dried Poblanos?

: Have you ever done this with a Chimayo (New Mexico Red) Pepper?

Dry it! or buy them already driy, but whole. I have used them , (I
believeI mentioned, but this has gone onso long I am nolonger sure)
whole soetimes with and sometimes without the seeds, dried in a bland soup
to give it some spunk, but not too much. Use of the seed depends on who
else will be eatign tht soup. I buy dried anchos.

Wendy