Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default iodine?

On Mon, 27 May 2013 00:54:39 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
> wrote:

>On 05/26/2013 04:24 PM, Karen wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 May 2013 15:34:11 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, Todd
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Since my former main source of iodine in my food was
>>> potatoes and I don't eat iodized salt (contains toxic
>>> to me Dextrose). I was wondering where you guys get
>>> your main supply of iodine? Sea fish?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T

>> Seafood, soy products, dairy products and eggs are sources of iodine.
>> Anything commercially prepared with salt listed on the label is a
>> potential source of iodine, as you don't know if the manufacturer used
>> iodized or non iodized salt.
>>

>Hi Karen,
>
>We have been looking at Cod and Halibut. Got to figure out
>how to cook them first, but I do believe I am almost there.
>I think the magic ingredient to convert my fish hating
>trophy wife is the brining.
>
>Thank you!
>-T

I'm happy to hear you found a method of cooking fish that met her
wishes. I have never tried brining, but may give it a try. I
answered about the iodine. I have been on a low iodine diet twice in
preparation for medical tests and treatment so the foods I listed on
my previous message were the ones I had to avoid. It was a bit of a
challenge to actually avoid the iodine.

Have a nice holiday.