Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ?Poblano!

On 5/27/2013 2:43 AM, Todd wrote:
> On 05/26/2013 05:44 PM, Opple0påad wrote:
>>> I love to puree them with some pre-sauteed garlic and onion and a little

>> You too? I love enchiladas with this type sauce.

> Recipe!

* Exported from MasterCook *

hatch green chile sauce

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped roasted mild green chile -- preferably
new mexican or anaheim, fresh or frozen
2 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander

in a heavy saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat. add the onion and
sauté until well softened, about 5 minutes. stir in the garlic and
sauté for an additional minute, then add the flour and continue cooking
for another 1 or 2 minutes. mix in the chile. pour in the stock and
add the seasonings. bring the mixture to a boil. reduce the heat to a
low simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until thickened but still very
pourable.

Cuisine:
"Mexican"

NOTES :
serve warm with enchiladas or other dishes. the sauce keeps
refrigerated, for about 5 days and freezes well.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas