Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ?Poblano!

On 5/26/2013 7:44 PM, Opple0påad wrote:
> On Sat, 25 May 2013 10:25:30 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:

>>> Are you living in an assisted living facility?
>>>
>>> You can also use a toaster oven.
>>>

>> I have a gas grill on my patio. I char them on the grill then put them
>> into a plastic baggie until they are cool enough to peel.
>>

>> I love to puree them with some pre-sauteed garlic and onion and a little
>> chicken broth. Makes an awesome sauce for enchiladas.

> You too? I love enchiladas with this type sauce.

I use the low carb, small tortillas for enchiladas.

> Ever have Jalapeno - stuffed with cream cheese - breaded - deep fried?
>
> Made fresh this is an excellent treat, appetizer, side dish.

Jalapeno poppers. First time I had them was about 15 years ago in New
Mexico. They are very popular appetizers in the chain restaurants.

I can no longer eat hot jalepenos and we do try to avoid anything
breaded because of the carbs, but if your meal plan can handle the
carbs, those poppers are good.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas