Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default iodine?

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: On 5/26/2013 5:34 PM, Todd wrote:
: > Hi Guys,
: >
: > Since my former main source of iodine in my food was
: > potatoes and I don't eat iodized salt (contains toxic
: > to me Dextrose). I was wondering where you guys get
: > your main supply of iodine? Sea fish?
: >
: > Many thanks,
: > -T

: Spinach and other dark leafy greens.

: Todd, you should Google the USDA database. That database will list the
: nutrients in every kind of food you will imagine. Every kind of
: nutrient, as well.

: --
: Janet Wilder
: Way-the-heck-south Texas
: Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

How much salt would you put on a given food? How much dextrose are you
likely to find as a tiny part of that small amount of salt? It is likely
that the amount of dextrose in iodized salt is miniscule adn will not
affect your bgs even with your 15 grs pod carb per meal. some things get
to be too fussy to mean anything.

Wendy