Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ?Poblano!

On 5/26/2013 4:56 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 05/25/2013 08:15 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>> Janet Wilder > wrote:

>>> Blanching then a dip in ice water would work to peel them, but you would
>>> miss the smokey flavor. Can you char them in the broiler?

>>> Yes, you do. Even for chili rellenos, you need to skin them.

>> I've had poblanos (pasillas) both ways. Skin doesn't bother me. ;-)
>>

> Okay guys, I don't know what I am doing. Why skin them? Texture?
> Inquiring minds want to know!

personally, I think they just taste better skinned.
Traditionally, every Mexican cook book and every local friend of Mexican
heritage skins their big peppers. The little ones, like jalapenos and
habaneros are not skinned, just diced (wearing disposable gloves if you
know what's best for your)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas