Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ?Poblano!

On 5/25/2013 9:31 PM, Todd wrote:

> 2) they tasted like a premium quality green bell pepper.
> No kick whatsoever. Even my wife thought there was no kick.

Peppers are like that. Some are hotter than others even within the
exact same variety and size pepper. You can't tell until you eat it.

There is something called the Scovill Scale that rates the hotness of
peppers. Google for it. It will help you to find pepper with less heat.

I don't do hot stuff either and I find I can handle poblanos and
Anaheims fairly well. I also can deal with mild Hatch green chilis.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas