Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default ?Poblano!

On 05/25/2013 01:42 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 5/25/2013 12:27 PM, Todd wrote:

>>> I have a gas grill on my patio. I char them on the grill then put them
>>> into a plastic baggie until they are cool enough to peel.

>> In my situation, would blanching them work? I would miss
>> the smoky flavor, but the skins would come off.

> Blanching then a dip in ice water would work to peel them, but you would
> miss the smokey flavor. Can you char them in the broiler?
>
>> Do I even need them skinned?

> Yes, you do. Even for chili rellenos, you need to skin them.

Hi Janet,

Something went wrong. I cored it, cut it in half, pulled
the seeds out, dunked the two halves into boiling salted water
for three minutes, then stuck them in freezing cold water.

1) the skins did not come off

2) they tasted like a premium quality green bell pepper.
No kick whatsoever. Even my wife thought there was no kick.

What did I do wrong?

-T

chili rellenos sound so good too!