Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_6_] Nancy Young[_6_] is offline

Default Revenge of the Shopping Cart

On 5/24/2013 8:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> What is so terribly difficult about this concept? As I said in the Aldi's
>> thread, I'm grateful I have two good legs. It doesn't bother me to walk
>> to take the cart back. You will also never catch me parking in a
>> handicapped spot. I also don't drive around in circles looking for
>> someone to leave just so I can get the closest parking space.

> The best way to keep those good legs good is to use them. Mine are not as
> good as they used to be, but they only get worse if I walk less.

Ditto. The more I walk, the better my legs (and hip) feel. The
opposite is also true, you wouldn't think sitting around would make
you feel worse, but there you have it.

> I prefer
> to park away from the busy part of the parking lot as it saves a lot of
> dings on the car.

I'm just too lazy to try to park close. I just pull into a spot
away from the other cars and I don't have to wait for anyone.
So annoying to see people causing parking lot traffic jams waiting
for someone to pull out of a spot ... and there's an open spot two
spaces down!

I do the same as someone else mentioned in this thread. Unless there
is something unwieldy to unload, it's amazing how much stuff I can
carry myself and leave the cart at the store.

nancy