Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Revenge of the Shopping Cart

On 24/05/2013 5:02 AM, jmcquown wrote:
..

> I really, truly do not understand why people don't take shopping carts
> back to the store. I am grateful I have two good legs. I don't have a
> problem returning the cart.
>
> I should note, there are no "cart corrals" at the Publix where I shop.
> The building codes here require they not remove trees. In order to have
> parking sufficient (and also required by ordinance) for the size of the
> store they can't also have cart corrals. So... we are supposed to take
> them back to the store. I *always* do that. There is a place for them
> lined up outside the entrance. Also a line of carts just inside the store.
>
> What is so terribly difficult about this concept? As I said in the
> Aldi's thread, I'm grateful I have two good legs. It doesn't bother me
> to walk to take the cart back. You will also never catch me parking in
> a handicapped spot. I also don't drive around in circles looking for
> someone to leave just so I can get the closest parking space.

I rarely even take the cart out to the parking lot. I use re-usable bags
and rarely have more than four bags of groceries, so I just take the
bags out of the cart before I leave the store.

However... I confess that I do not push my perfectly good cart into the
lines at cart parking area. I prefer to leave it out and saving the next
customer the hassle of having to wrestle with a line of carts sticking
together, and knowing full well that no one will take it. People prefer
to have to fight with them.