bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey J Howland View Post
Hi Folks.....recently diagnosed...trying my hardest to get it under control....on Metformin and Glipizine......spikes and crashes nearly every day....just looking for some help....thanx
Sorry to hear about the diagnosis but can assure its very survivable. Got several pals and palettes who are also afflicted. Why I aint got it...I cant figure out..lol. I should have it according to the stats. Sounds like your getting some great advice from the pros. I can only try to offer a tip or two. Controlling the carbs is the key. I read an article one time that showed tests on resting glucose levels go up after eating a baked potato just the same as a big 3 Musketeer candy bar. So the starches apparently turns directly into sugar without much ado. For sweetening things up grab yourself some food grade all veggie Glycerine. NOW Brand is the best I have found..high in the health shoppes..much cheaper online. Do not buy the junk Wally World peddles. It has the same consistency as warm honey and is about 2/3 as sweet as sucrose table sugar. Do not give the familiar old somebody pooed in the mouth after taste of sugar substitutes. Best news it will not move your glucose levels at all. Bunch of folks are using it for that purpose. Also drink two cups green tea each day which has a teaspoons of cinnamon in it. I use honey but I aint T2..if I was I would follow my own always good advice and snag the Glycerine. Cinnamon is supposed to have some nice effects on glucose levels. Chromium Picolonate (sic?) is a great choice for regulating carb absorption..so get some of that too. Best of fortunes on whupping that pesky new ailment. Also..dont drink any alcohol. Find a nice friendly hippie and grab yourself some a little Acapulco Gold..lol Be careful with the Meds. Doctors are in the bizness to kill folks ya know? Turmeric/Curcumin seems to able to cure anything. Get some of that too. PS Edit: If you really want to kick this condition in the head go over to the link below and do a public confession. Tell them you are a sick and evil carnivore and white flour eater who is ready to repent and is in of somebody to smarten them up a bit. Few wackos over there but mostly nice folks. Now I will vote for one pig out day each week to get the B. Vitamins. That strategy worked well for me but the hardcore types dont like it..lol. Do you have a sprouter?

Living and Raw Foods Community Support

Last edited by bigwheel : 24-05-2013 at 12:27 AM