Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default fish sticks?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> It's doing the kind of thinkg guys wouldn't enjoy like watching old
> romantic movies"like they con't make any more." Some women like to go out
> a shop together or, who knows, evengo to see chippendales, though that
> woueln't be my thing. We are also a bunch of women whose alternative to
> this kind of night out is to sit in our houses alone n a sturday night.
> We don't exactly find tons of dtes at our age and shapes, but it is better
> to be together than sittin ghome alone either on the computer or watching
> TV.

Those types of movies are not appealing to me or my friends either. I
dislike shopping with other people and would certainly never see male exotic
dancers although we did have a club here in the 80's. It didn't make it
though. Some people I worked with liked to go there.

I used to like to go out dancing. I can't dance any more. Aside from that,
I don't really like to go out. I prefer to stay home. But it's not often
that I can do that because I am so busy taxiing people around these days.
My mom just got a shot in her eye like you mentioned. I finally got an
answer about her type of macular degeneration and she said it is the dry and
not the wet but that it could go to wet at any time. She was most distraut
yesterday after getting the shot. Perhaps it was a wakeup call for her.
She is still driving but we don't think she should be. She also said that
she got the shot in her "good eye". To which Angela replied, "What good
eye?" Not to her of course. She seems much in denial there. Or did.

Perhaps if I ever got a chance to settle down and have some time for myself,
I would like to go out again. But right now, some time alone at home is
what I crave. I am a people person but... I can only take so much. It's
like their auras are rubbing off on me or something and I just get to where
I want to go into hermit mode after a while. And I did used to think that
I'd like to be a hermit until I was actually stuck at home for things like
being snowed in, Angela's whooping cough or her more recent bouts of
sickness, cause unknown. And then I want to climb the walls! Yes, I do
have her and two cats. Even though husband has a job here now, his hours
are such that he isn't home much given the commute time and the hours he has
to be there for training. And now that I am only at the dance studio for
one hour per week, I don't even have the company of the people there. Not
that I was there as much as I used to be. I often just drop Angela off now.

It is very rare for me to actually be able to get together with any of my
friends. None live in the city where I do although one lives fairly near
but... She currently has more medical problems that I do and just can't get
out much, nor could I go over there. I have never met her husband but from
what she tells me, I don't want to and I don't think he allows her to have
people over. Again, just going by things she tells me. Another is
recovering from an operation and lives far enough away that there isn't much
I could do to help her given my situation right now. Another lives even
farther away, keeps a hectic work schedule and has much drama going on with
her adult kids and others in her home. The best we can do there is try to
meet up for lunch maybe once every 2 years or so. All three of us actually
did get together when the one bought a new home. That was like a miracle!
But... I had to limit my time there because of my parents. So the two
hours was better than nothing. My other friends in this area are all just
as busy as I am and some are trying like mad to find jobs after having the
store that they worked at closed down. And my other friends live in other
states so... Mostly we stay in touch by Facebook or phone.

> Peopele have all kinds of life styles and many of us would not want to
> follow yours, but we do hear about it quite a lot, particularly on ASD,
> where you shop, how many stores you go to, what you buy, all about your
> daughter's dance classes, your issues with your husband, etc. Let this
> guy, who is clearly not your type, have his joy with his wife.

I don't mention every single time that I go shopping or what I buy. Or even
how many stores I go to for that matter! I also do not mention much of the
issues with my husband after I was asked not to. Odd that it seems okay for
other people to mention their lives, but not okay for me.

I am not denying him joy with his wife but... When he refers to her as he
does, it would appear anything but joyful to most people. Perhaps not the
people here. Anyway... Out of this thread now! No interest whatever in
fish.