Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default fish sticks?

On 5/22/2013 12:43 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> So how does your husband refer to you? The old ball and chain? The
>> little missus? The better half? The old lady? SWMBO?
>>

> His wife! Because that's what I am. I dislike all of those other terms
> that you used, in particular SWMBO. Why do people feel the need to come up
> with cutesy terms for people? I never felt that need and the use of
> nicknames in our house was very much frowned on when I was growing up. My
> parents even get angry when we use a name for my husband that I won't post
> here. It is something that Angela called him when she was little. It was
> Dada___. It's not a bad word by any means but it wouldn't make sense to
> anyone here. So I won't get into it. They do get angry about it though and
> tell us not to call him that because it is not his name. Likewise, my MIL
> used to get angry with my husband when he called our daughter nicknames. I
> do have some nicknames for Angela, none of them bad but it ticks my mom off
> when I call her these. Angela doesn't mind.
>
>> I'd probably blush and giggle a bit if my husband referred to me as
>> arm candy. Plus I'd maybe suggest that he come upstairs with me for a
>> little while.
>>

> Well, I wouldn't! I wouldn't want people to think of me as that. Ugh. And
> arm candy is usually not a person you are romantically involved with. They
> are just for show. For the public.
>
>> What he does call me sometimes is "girl". As in "OK girl, lets go
>> home." I'm 60, and we've been married for 40 years, so I'm far from a
>> girl, but I love it when he does that.

> Oooh. That's another thing that bugs the peewaddins out of me. I am *not*
> a girl! I have referred to women as "gals" and that term is derogatory to
> some people. I don't see how but I try not to use it now. I do sometimes
> slip up though.

Julie, one of your problems is that you share too much on these boards.
It might be because you have no other friends to confide in.

Whenever you have posted anything about your husband,It has never come
across that you two have a loving and supportive relationship. If
anything the people who read your posts find that your marriage is
strained and your daughter is undisciplined.

The fact that you are making such a huge deal over one man's
affectionate name for his wife is proof that you are insecure in your
own relationship. Perhaps you need to focus more on your own family and
their dynamics than on Todd, who, obviously, worships his wife.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas