Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default fish sticks?

Todd > wrote:
: > : >
: > : > : And, do you know what the seasonings would be?
: > : > : Onion? Pepper?
: > : >
: > : > : -T
: > : > If you have a 4 or 5 gram carb bread mixed with ground nuts tht should
: > : > work and keep to your limit.
: > : >
: > : > WendyX
: > : >
: >
: > : Hi Wendy,
: >
: > : Thank you!
: >
: > : Any onion or other seasoning?
: >
: > : -T
: > Seasonings, yes, S&P, herb or spice she likes mxed into the bread-nut
: > mixture. I don't eat fishsticks or particularly like them so I really
: > can't coment on particular spices.
: >
: > last night my son came for dinne so we had broiled boned shad with sauteed
: > fresh chard in olive oil and garlic aand some fresh early season cheries
: > for dessert. Great meal, good bgs at less than 2 hours(111!). what could
: > be bad:-)
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you!

: Would you mix the S&P into the bread-nut mixture or shake them
: on after the fish hit the pan?

: And I have no clue whatsoever about any other seasoning. Do
: you have a favorite. (I promise I won't blame it on you if
: we don't like it.)

: -T

: Dinner with your family. Doesn't get much better. Maybe a nap,
: no, dinner is still better! :-)

mix the S&P right into the bread-nut mix aalong with the other spices or
herbs you like. Use what you have inyou house. I have a mix that is for
grilled fish and other fish that I use. I got it as a gift onceand found
it useful. I hesitate to recommend as you wife has so many sensitivities
to some of these, but I would try fresh parsley, dill, also, fresh if
available, just snip the leavees into tome tiny bits, dried thyme or
oregono are also good. DON'T USE ALL OF THEM or you will have a mish-mash
of flavors.
Serve the fish sticks with lemon wedges for squeezin gon them.

Wendy