Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default fish sticks?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 21:37:34 +0200, in alt.food.diabetic, Bjørn
Steensrud > wrote:

>Karen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 May 2013 19:56:02 -0500, in alt.food.diabetic, Janet Wilder
>> > wrote:

>>>You can try pulverizing pecans in a food processor. I use crushed
>>>pecans as breading for chicken.

>>>If you bake the fish it's less calories, but if you are frying, it use
>>>an oil that is more stable at higher temps like canola or peanut.
>>>
>>>I have used wheat germ, the kind that comes in a jar, for breading and
>>>filler, like in meat balls.

>> I have used crushed pecans on fish. It is very good. I spray with a
>> bit of olive oil, sprinkle the crushed pecans on it then bake. My
>> husband really likes fish cooked this way too.

>Yum - I think I will, too, thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. We also like to just spray with olive oil, sprinkle
with fresh shredded parmesan cheese and bake. That one is a favorite.
Another we like, usually done with salmon is to baste with a flavored
balsamic vinegar such as lime-tangerine vinegar. There is a shop
local to me that sells dozens of different flavored balsamic vinegars
and flavored olive oils. Neither of these recipes are like fish
sticks, but they are popular at my home.