Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default fish sticks?

Todd wrote:

>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> I like a bit of sweetness with savoury foods.

> On 05/21/2013 05:43 PM, Cheri wrote:
> > I don't want sweet crumbs on fish sticks, but maybe the OP does. :-)

> I clearly do not know what I am doing. Seems to
> me if you guys wanted to, you could really have
> a laugh at my expense.

Wouldn't think of it. We might laugh with you, which is much more
pleasant for everybody :-)

One suggestion:
Thaw out cod fillets, soak in brine for 5-8 minutes
(1 cup salt dissolved in 1 pint cold water) pat with kitchen paper,
perhaps cut them into fish stick shapes,
fry in hot butter to get a brownish coat, then bake in medium oven for
about 10 minutes. Vary times according to fillet thickness.

The idea is that the brine soaking firms up the fish pieces without
getting them really salty. The hot butter browning should approximate
the fish stick texture - I hope.

I made this dish without the browning, just oven baked, a good sauce on top:
chopped shallots and chives, in melted butter with a dash of soy sauce.