Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default fish sticks?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> You're missing the point Julie. He is referring to the only wife he has or
> ever had, which makes it a compliment. A trophy wife is supposed to be a
> very beautiful woman etc. for the man to hang on his arm for others to be
> envious. You're also wrong, but carry on.

Uh no. It is a derogatory term any way you slice it! I posted the links to
prove what I mean. A trophy wife is not just arm candy. That's a different
term. A trophy wife would of course be beautiful but the other connotations
are that she is a gold digger, married him for his money, and that he
couldn't get a wife otherwise. It's a very nasty thing to say. And now he
says that she is not for rent? And that's a nice thing to say? I wonder
why he feels the need to keep making all these comments about his wife here
like that. I find it very odd.