Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default fish sticks?

On 05/21/2013 05:01 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 05/21/2013 02:59 PM, Alice Faber wrote:

>>> Can you get chick-pea flour? It has a lot of the properties of wheat
>>> flour that you want with fewer carbs (and less blood sugar hit). If you
>>> have a source for Bob's Red Mill flours and grains (health food store,
>>> or health food section of your supermarket), you can easily get some. I
>>> use it for breading a lot.
>>>

>> Hi Alice,
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Unfortunately I can not. At 53 carbs per cup, chickpea flour blows
>> my 15 carb per meal limit.
>>
>> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/4406/2
>>
>> I have heard that walnut powder will substitute. Do you have
>> any experience with such?
>>

> For breading two servings of fish, you won't use more than 1/4 cup of
> the flour, and some of that will be left on the plate or in the bag.

Hi Alice,

Thank you!

You are correct. I am still balking as I don't want that poison
in my house, even if a little won't hurt me. I know I am being
a bit extreme. I was looking for something "safer". Maybe when
a few years pass, I will be less paranoid.

Trader Joe's sells Walnut bits. I was thinking of sticking them
in a bag and SMACKING them with the bottom of a glass. If it doesn't
work, at least I will have had fun at it.

Do you use egg?

-T