Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default fish sticks?

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 05/20/2013 07:09 PM, Todd wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The love of my life eats the same stuff I do to make
> > sure there is no temptation for me to cheat. (I had
> > the good sense to make my trophy wife my first wife.)
> >
> > The *ONLY* fish she would eat before my induction into
> > the pin cushion club was "fish sticks" (battered cod).
> > She really hates fish too.
> >
> > I can get natural flash frozen cod from my local Raley's.
> > How do I make something that tastes similar to Fish Sticks
> > and stay with my/our 15 carb per meal limit?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > -T

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am drawing a blank here. The only thing I can think of
> is walnut powder and *A LOT* of grease. Please rescue me
> from myself!

Can you get chick-pea flour? It has a lot of the properties of wheat
flour that you want with fewer carbs (and less blood sugar hit). If you
have a source for Bob's Red Mill flours and grains (health food store,
or health food section of your supermarket), you can easily get some. I
use it for breading a lot.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet