Kenneth

Default Proofing bread at home.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:02:05 -0800, "H. W. Hans Kuntze"
> wrote:

>Of course, it also has to do with more thorough hydration of the dough,
>but a slowly fermented dough just produces a better tasting product for
>that matter, IMHO.

Hi Hans,

I often mention to folks that making bread is rather like making wine
in this regard....

We could certainly ferment grape juice quickly to produce something
that has some of the constituents of wine. But few would want to drink
it.

Almost without exception (in my experience) fermented foods profit
from a slower, cooler, processing. Bread included.

All the best,

--
Kenneth