Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Moroccan Chicken Casserole ???

On 04/28/2013 09:32 PM, Todd wrote:
> This seems like a recipe even I could do.
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/moroc...ken-casserole/

Gave it a try.

I actually reclaimed my food processor and ran the cauliflower
through the blade I use to use for hash browns. The
cauliflower actually came out like rice. (Yes it was fun.)

I dropped the "garnish" (waste of food), the coriander, cumin,
and the "better call 911" cilantro. I doubled the turmeric
to add the warmth lost by the above.

And, if you are reading the original reference, yes, I doubled
the garlic. So, sue me! (Garlic is proof God loves us, not beer).

Both of us loved it!

The Bunny cracked a Funny: this is what happens when Spanish
Rice goes bad.

This is the recipe I came up with. It is a work in progress.
Any alternations/amendments/suggestions are always appreciated!

Thank you all for the help and moral support. You guys are
a blessing.

I actually cooked something nice! Go figure. :-)

-T

Moroccan Chicken Casserole:
Original reference:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/moroc...ken-casserole/

Ingredients:

8 pieces of chicklen (thighs and/or legs), ~ 2 to 4 lbs
1 small head cauliflower
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 small carrots, sliced
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sprinkle of cayenne
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips, then in half
3 big tomatoes diced
1/4 cup minced parsley
2 tsp salt
1 cup water

Directions:

The base of the casserole is cauliflower grated into a rice-like
texture. Chop the head of cauliflower into small pieces. Push the
pieces through a food processor using the grating blade. Spread
the grated cauliflower out in a 9×13 rectangular baking pan.
cauliflower rice

Salt and pepper the chicken. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a
saute pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken, browning well,
about 3-5 minutes a side.

Remove the chicken from the hot pan and set aside. Turn heat down
to medium and add onion, ginger, garlic and carrots. Cook until the
onions are soft. Add remaining tablespoon of butter and all spices.
Stir well.

Add red pepper, the can of tomatoes, minced parsley, water and salt.
Return the chicken to the saute pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes.

Pour the chicken mixture over the cauliflower and mix really well,
so the cauliflower is completely covered by the sauce. Cover the
pan and bake for 35 minutes on medium low. Remove the lid and cook
for 25 minutes more.