Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Food sources of L-Carnitine and Folate

On 05/10/2013 02:28 PM, Billy wrote:
> In >, >
> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I've been distracted.
> There are no randomized blinded studies with L carnitine in terms of
> prevention of heart attack or sudden death.
> <http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Carnitine-HealthProfessional/>

Everything but ...

It does sound like a good study to do.

I know autopsy studies on trauma deaths show no correlation
with serum cholesterol.

Some stuff on the heart in the below links. Did not read over
any of them to see how well they came out.

Anecdotally speaking, I fee better when I eat beef and/or lamb
(red meat is the best source). And all those weird studies
on meat causing heart problems is on *processed meat*. If
you read the fine print, health is better for folks that
eat the real/natural meat than the general population.

And, Life Extension has some studies that show good effect
for carnitine with Diabetes. (I posted that before. Let me
know if you want it again and can't find it.)

Hope this is what you are looking for. Some on the heart and
circulation.

-T

asthenozoospermia:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15193480

amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23421600

Narcolepsy
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:...l.pone.0053707

peripheral vascular disease
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/77/4/767.full.pdf

Weakness, Muscle Fatigue and Muscle Pain in the Postpoliomyelitis Syndrome
http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01549847

idiopathic asthenozoospermia
http://www.fertstert.org/article/S00...230-6/abstract

Linus Pauling's anaylis