Bunny McElwee

Default Japanese Steak House Rice

My husband loves the "Big Block" of rice you get when you go to one of
those Japanese Steak house restaurants (like Myobi's, Kyoto's, Yokoso's,
etc) where they cook on the big grill in front of you. I'm curious as to
how they make this rice and what kind of rice they use? Seems like simple
ingredients, rice, some sort of flavoring sauce (Maybe soy?) and usually
sesame seeds (at our restaurants, placed on the big block of rice in a
smiley face pattern). Any recipes out there for this type of rice as well
as how to cook the rice they use for this dish?

--
Bunny McElwee
President, Lowcountry Miata Club

1991 Mariner Blue with Red & White Stripes
"BlueFlash"