Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

Default I'll Toast To That!

For toasting bread, there is an oatmeal bread I buy at the local store.
I like it because after toasting it is still quite dense and will not
collapse no matter what I spread on it.

It is not a good bread for untoasted sandwiches, though. For those I buy
"light" italian bread.

Best french toast I ever had was a tiny town along a highway in northern
Minnesota-they served "planks" of french bread on oval platters. Total
shock to stumble across a hidden gem while on the road. I never had a
reason to go back there again but remember it fondly. They also had a
hidden gem of a small lake with driveup campsites at water's edge that I
discovered when I decided to ramble a few blocks off main street/highway
after breakfast. Quite a unique town. Tiny like 700 population tiny.
Janet from Texas-what's the deal with "Texas Toast" I know many people
buy a bag of it to make french toast at home. Just a marketing term or
did it originate there?