LG1111

Default making chateauneuf du pape

Each year I try various combinations of grapes in an attempt to make a good
chateauneuf du pape. While the reds that I can get my hands on are good
(usually syrah, grenache, and if I'm lucky, mourvedre, I've never been able to
get any of the authentic white grapes to blend in (Rousanne, Grenache Blanc,
Clairette, Bourboulenc and Picardin ).

Anybody have any ideas about which white grapes might be a good complement to
my 3 red grapes? I want to produce something that's not as heavy as a pure red
blend, and something that might be drinkable a bit quicker.

Thanks,

Lee