Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Moroccan Chicken Casserole ???

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> How do the olives come there? All supermarkets here have different
> varieties of olives in the deli section. Also semi-dried tomatoes, stuffed
> olives and baby peppers, different soft and hard cheeses, roasted
> vegetables etc.

Mostly cans and bottles. Some now come in pouches. I think all stores now
have a deli section. They have the big meats and cheeses that they slice.
Most also have a selection of cold salads and prepared foods. Some have hot
foods like a limited selection of Chinese or fried chicken.

Central Market is the only store I can think of near here with a really good
olive bar. I believe that Whole Foods has one too. And PCC has instead of
a bar, some lidded glass jars in a refrigerated case.

The other stores that have such a thing have a very small bar that also
includes things like pickles, mozzarella balls, marinated mushrooms and
other stuff that I don't eat. Their olive selection might be only 3-4 kinds
and some of those are mixed.

I had to quit buying from olive bars because those olives always made me
very sick to my stomach. I don't know if they are too old, although they
tasted fine, or just too fatty for me. They do seem to be fattier than the
canned and jarred. The canned and jarred have less variety, but are usually
cheaper. Central Market charges $8.99 (I think) per pound on all of their
"bar" food. They also have a huge salad bar, soup bar, cold food bar (most
of which is vegan or vegetarian and needs to be reheated) and an Italian bar
with cheeses, peppers, mushrooms, etc. So depending on what you get, it
could or could not be a good deal. I was furious the day that Angela helped
herself to a large container of cottage cheese! I told her that the next
time she wanted cottage cheese, we would just buy a container! Mostly now
when we do get stuff there it is small amounts of salad things that we don't
have at home. I do try to keep a variety of things in the fridge but
sometimes I only have the greens and maybe some onions and olives.