Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default Washing Chicken Prior To Cooking?

On Apr 26, 7:15*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> I was snooping into another cooking group today and they were discussing
> washing raw chicken, which I have always done before cooking
> it....rinsing it off under water and drying it, but a poster said that
> she was watching the Dr. Oz show and a doctor there said NOT to. He says
> by washing you are possibly spreading germs and fecal matter through
> your kitchen wherever a stray water droplet carrying the bacteria lands.
> Judy

Well, doesn't everybody go around their kitchen flinging their wet
hands and utensils after handling raw chicken? I always rinse off
chicken. After that, I wash my hands, wash the utensils, wipe off the
counter, wash out the sink, wash off the faucets, and then wash my
hands again.