Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Opple0pad Opple0pad is offline

Default What do you put in your omelets?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:02:43 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>On 04/19/2013 10:24 PM, Opple0pad wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:35:22 -0700, Todd > wrote:
>>

>>> Can't find the "Real Thing" in the store. Where do you get yours?
>>>
>>> -T

>> In the vegetable section in any grocery, at farmer's markets, in my
>> own back yard.
>>

>You have better stores than I do.
>
>Questions: on your home grown cactus, do you only eat the fruit?
>Or do you eat the leaves too? Do the fruit have thorns as well?
>And, what do they taste like?
>
>-T

I grow prickly pear. Thorns on both the leaves and the fruit, but
when ripe the thorns are easily scraped off the fruit. The fruit is a
nice sweet flavor. But it really should be fresh and ripe and cool.

If you want your prickly pear to grow tall, just cut notches in the
top edges and new leaves will sprout from there.