Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Guar gum and metformin

Todd > wrote:
: >>
: >> I just thought to meniton that I have never thickened gravies like sith
: >> roasts or turkey, etc. this is not just because of diabetes but because
: >> that is how my mother, a great cook, did gravies. We always had lovely
: >> flavorful pan gravies tht were thin, usually full of onions , herbs and
: >> spices the dishes had been cooked with and skimmed of much fo the
: >> fat. We
: >> never had thouse flour gravies. Often dry wine makes a delicious
: >> liquid
: >> to use to get the scrapings off the roasting pan that so flavor the
: >> gravy.
: >>
: >> Wendy
: >>
: >
: > Hi Wendy,
: >
: > Hmmmm. Au jus [1]. Thank you!
: >
: > -T
: >
: > 1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_jus

: Hi Wendy,

: I am planning on using turkey breast meat cutlets. The
: leftovers in the pan will mainly be butter, olive oil, turkey
: browning, lots of yummy herbs. Unfortunately, no Au_jus
: to speak of. Rats.

: -T

Why not have a thinkly aliced onion or whatever solor you have around
under those turkey cutlets? then you should havebrown stuff stuck on the
pan, the basis for any gravy, thick or thin. use a liquid, chicken stock,
left-over wine, water and powdered boullion(think of as flavored salt) to
scrape all tht off and you have your unthickened gravy. If you put in too
much liquid, no problem, just let it boil down until it tastes good, but
WATCH IT all the time.

Wendy