Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Need white meat turkey help

Hi All,

Pascha (Orthodox Easter) is around the corner (May 5th) and I
cook turkey breast cutlets for it. (I like to cook a lot for
Bright Week -- the week following Pascha. The Trophy
Wife and I love to watch videos and pig out.)

Okay, I think that big old turkey bird is stupid. You work your
ass off and barely get anything out of it. (And, I have no
access to an oven.)

So, I buy turkey cutlets from Trader Joe's -- enough to fill
one of my 12" saute pans. Usually two packages.

I soak them in a ton of sea salt and cold water in a stainless
steal pot (my 6L pressure cooker) for at least two hours.

Then, in the saute pan on low heat, I add butter, EVOO, Black
Pepper, Parsley, Basel, Rosemary, Thyme, slices of Garlic (about
five cloves). I wait for the arouma to start coming off.

Then I add the cutlets on medium low heat for about five minutes
and flip. Add more seasoning to top. Cook another five or so
minutes. Then, being careful not to over cook, slice an
inconspicuous spot to test for doneness.

And, I get more leftovers than the big old stupid bird. And
NO BACK PROBLEMS!

Questions:

1) I usually make Asparagus with it, but since I cook
asparagus a lot now days, I am afraid I will get tired of
it. What would you cook with it?

2) How would you improve anything I describe above?

3) What are the dripping good for now that I can't make
gravy? (Remember, 15 I have a 15 carb per meal limit.)

You guys are a blessing!

Many thanks,
-T