The Cook

Default Proofing bread at home.

Kenneth > wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:38:38 -0700, "Mike Avery"
> wrote:
>
>>Controlling the temperature of the dough as well as the temperature and
>>humidity of the proofing area are big factors in this.

>Hi Mike,
>
>On that we agree, but please note how frequently in this thread folks
>talk about ways of "warming" the dough. In fact, I don't recall too
>many comments about accurately measuring the temperature of the dough
>or the surrounding environment.
>
>All the best,

Decided to check the loaf I started this morning. Room temp is 69.1.
Internal temp of the dough is 72.4. It doubled in 2 hours just
sitting on the counter in a plastic container with one of the "shower
cap" covers on it.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.