Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default What is Old Bay Seasoning

On Mar 24, 6:11*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

> On 24/03/2013 6:56 PM, wrote:
>

> >> Wouldn't know. I have never seen it in any stores here.

> > I used it last year in a recipe from Reynold's wrap for spicy shrimp.
> > It was verrrry good and everybody raved about the results. *It was
> > used as a marinade before grilling the shrimp.

> I will keep an eye out for it... but I don't expect to see it. * When I
> grill shrimp I use a tried and true marinade... *olive oil, lemon or
> lime juice, lots of crushed garlic, salt and pepper, Whatsthishere
> sauce, parsley and hot sauce.

Your local store may have their own house brand of this 'spice.' The
spicy shrimp recipe I used is very similar to yours with the addition
of Old Bay seasoning.

1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp

4 cloves of minced garlic (micro plane zester does a great job on
this)

1/4 cup lemon juice (usually the yield of 1 lemon)

2 teaspoons lemon pepper

4 teaspoons seafood seasoning such as Old Bay

2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup of vegetable oil

Whisk all together and pour over cleaned shrimp and marinate for at
least 30 minutes. Half of the sauce can be reserved to brush on the
shrimp while grilling if desired. This also can be quickly prepared in
a skillet on the stove. Either way gives great results and a grill
skillet can used if you don't want to skewer your shrimp for the
grill.