Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default Oh No! Cilantro!

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Okay, it rhymes. :-)
>
> I have been trying to come up with a hand made salsa.
>
> Problem: my wife is *frighteningly* allergic to cilantro
> (anything in the Coriander family, which includes cumin).
> And all the salsa recipes I have seen use cilantro.
>
> What would you substitute? Parsley?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T
>
> Okay. In the interest of full disclosure, I hate anything
> that hurts anyone I love. But, I have always thought
> cilantro started out with a nasty aftertaste and I have
> always hated it.

Pico de Gallo is fine without the cilantro. If you miss it, just add
more jalapenos.

4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (or more to taste!) - Optional
2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
salt

Directions:

1
Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2
This tastes best the same day that it's made, but is okay the next
day.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>