Posted to alt.food.wine
pavane[_5_] pavane[_5_] is offline

Default TN: a week of wines (most I liked) from all over

"DaleW" > wrote in message
> With Bittman’s “1 hour bouillabaisse”, the 2009 Biondi Etna Bianco. Good
> acidity, fairly large bodied with a bit of oily texture, reminds me of a
> CdP Blanc but with more acid. Very interesting, though I think I like
> Biondi’s Etna Rosso more. B

Thank you for mentioning one of my favorite recipes, that Bouillabaisse from
Mark Bittman. It has been tremendously satisfying; I recall a dinner some
twenty years ago in which we served that Bouillabaisse along with some
superb sourdough bread out of California, a Beurre d'Isigny and a variety of
a half-dozen or so Cabernet Franc based wines, both France and the US. The
bread and butter combination with Bittman's wonderful fennel-based soup was
memorable to this day, I unfortunately have no record of the wines other
than that the standout was a Beringer reserve bottling. Nice memory, and the
red wine worked superbly. Thanks again.

pavane