Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cool Whip Frosting?

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-03-21, Polly Esther > wrote:
>
>> It depends. Mr. Esther loves Cool Whip, even the fatfree tub.

> Fat-free? I usta call it "grease-whip", as that's what is primarily
> was. Apparently, they have changed things, somewhat:
>
> "Cool Whip Original is made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil
> (including coconut and palm oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn
> syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a
> milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar
> gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a
> coloring).[4] In some markets, such as Canada and the United States,
> Cool Whip is available in an aerosol can using nitrous oxide as a
> propellant. Cool Whip was formerly marketed as non-dairy, but in
> Jewish dietary traditions, Cool Whip was classified as dairy rather
> than parve (non-meat and non-dairy) because of the sodium caseinate
> (which is derived from milk). Cool Whip now contains milk and cream."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Whip
>
> nb

It's not fat free but they can get away with calling it that because a
serving is so small that the amount of fat in it is less than a gram.

I used to work with this gal that ate it right out of the tub. Ate an
entire tub all at once. It was the chocolate kind. Do they even make that
any more? She couldn't figure out why she was putting on weight.