Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default What do you put in your omelets?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/18/2013 08:15 PM, Alice Faber wrote:
>> In article >, Todd >
>> wrote:

>>> Cool. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Do you make your own salsa?
>>>

>> No. I get either Trader Joes or some stuff at my local farmstand;
>> neither is a mass-market brand with lots of sugar, etc.
>>

> Rats. No recipe.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -T

A nice fresh Pico de Gallo would be nice...either cooked in the omelet or
just added on top of the finished product.

Here is a recipe similar to the one I use:
Pico de Gallo
4.0 from 2 reviews Print

Recipe type: Appetizer
Author: Kristina Wiley
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 6-8
Fresh Pico de Gallo €“ a wonderful dip or topping!
Ingredients
a.. 7-8 firm Roma tomatoes, diced
b.. 1/2 medium white (or yellow) onion, finely diced
c.. 1-2 jalapenos (remove the seeds if you want to tame the spice), finely
diced
d.. Large fist-full of cilantro, chopped
e.. Juice of 2 limes
f.. 1 tsp Salt
g.. Black Pepper to taste
Instructions
1.. Mix together and allow to sit (the longer it sits, the better the
flavors meld together). Serve with tortilla chips, or as a topping on tacos
or fajitas.