Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Another 1960's Casserole - fun!

On 3/19/2013 7:43 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> My maternal grandma was big into copper stuff. She had the Revereware
> copper bottomed pans. She was very proud of them and polished the bottoms
> after every use. She also had a collection of copper Jell-O molds. I am
> not sure if she actually used them or not. They hung on the wall and we
> were not allowed to touch them. I do remember her being really big on
> Jell-O salads though so she might have.

Both my aunt and my mother had the Revereware. (Actually, so do I.) My
aunt polished the copper bottoms religiously. My mother didn't and I
don't bother, either.

Mom had the copper Jell-O molds (and yes, I recall her using them). She
gave them to me over 20 years ago. They're hanging on the wall above
the cabinets in kitchen.

Jill