Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you put in your omelets?

Ozgirl wrote:
> Ham, cheese, asparagus.
>
> My absolute best was a Mediterranean style : had to look at my
> Facebook pics to remember what was in it, lol.
>
> "This was delicious! I had some leftover salsa from the kids'
> burritos I did tonight. Spread some of that on the omelet when it was
> almost cooked and topped it with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic,
> dried tomatoes, olives and crumbled feta."
>
> sautéed onions with crispy bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter and
> canned crush tomatoes (heated up).
>
> Last week, I put some left-over chilli con carne on the omelet and
> grated cheeses.
>
> So many things go with omelet
>
> Has anyone mentioned frittatas to you? I eat one a week. Make one up
> and have 1/4 of it each day in a row. Have it hot with salad at
> dinner.

I was shocked last week to see Lidia Bastianich make a frittata that didn't
go in the oven! She just made it on the stove in a skillet. I always
thought they had to go in the oven! I tried making one once. The kind that
goes in the oven. When I tried to put the plate over the skillet then flip
it over, the plate slipped. It fell and broke and the frittata went
everywhere. Never tried that again.