Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/18/2013 06:18 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> . > wrote:
> : Julie > wrote:
>

> Something went wrong here with my post and all my material seems to not
> have come throughat all. It was a rather complicated series of comments ,
> mostly to Julie about , not cites, but where I learned much of hte
> material about homnivores, Mad COw disease and feeding animals downed
> animals, etc from reading Newspapers and listening to news on teh TV and
> Radio(Mostly NPR) as well as material I remember learning some 60 years
> ago in HS biology. I also learned about the harm that corn, actually a
> perfectly good food for non-diabetics if eaten within reason, is a
> terrible food that cannot be digested by cows. It tears up their guts.
> this information I read , in both Omnivore's dilemma by Polard and Michael
> S---? book on the cattle industry, but i forget the name(senior moment-it
> will come to me in the middle of the night, causing me to lose sleep:-)
>
> I interleafed it, but none of it seems to have gotten through. No idea
> why.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Rats. I adore your writing.

The mad cow thing is disgusting. What made them think they
could turn herbivores into cannibals? Bad enough they
stand in their own scat (poop) in feed lots. Herbivore's
are conveyor belts: they walk and the grass (cellulose)
goes in one end and the scat goes out the other. They
never stand in their own scat. (Then birds eat the bugs
and then it decomposes into the soil and the grass
grows back. Full circle.)

About three years ago, before I knew about T2, I grew some
hybridized (for sugar content) corn. The crop bombed, but
I did get about one meal out of it. It was very tasty,
as is anything out of an organic garden. But, I do remember
it was so sweet it was like eating candy. Nice if they
hybridized it for protein and fat. Fat chance. Not as
addictive.

Senior moments have an upside. Every morning you get to eat new
food, watch new movies, meet new people ... :-)

-T