Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Todd > wrote:
: On 03/18/2013 02:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > "Todd" > wrote in message

: >> Cow have two stomachs, so they can digest cellulose. We
: >> can't. You missed the point.

Actually they have 4!

: >
: > You do know that cellulose is added to a lot of food. Right? And what does
: > that have to do with vegetarianism? It doesn't!

: "cellulose" is called "bran" in humans. They derive no nutritious
: from. Grass is cellulose.

Well it keeps things moving along and for some folks that is a desirable
effect while for others it can be a disaster!

: >

: > Seen those foreign films where the natives find a dead animal and
: > butcher it?

: Oh that can't be good. I have heard of American Indians that
: will leave a dead diseased animal to rot.

There were tribes in New Guinea that ate the brains of their ancestors
when they died and it led to unexplained sicknesses until it was found
that some diseases were being past on(like Mad COw)

there have been cannibals too.
: Glycemic Index for Corn Glycemic index studies of
: corn report averages of anywhere from 37 to 62.
: An average GI of 54 is commonly used.

: Table sugar:

: http://www.sugar-and-sweetener-guide...weeteners.html

: Sucrose Sugar 65

Corn in reasonable quantities is fine for non-diabeticsas part of a diet.
some cultures use it as their main grain because that is what grew there.
Look at Central America, home of the tortilla, originally only corn,now
you can get corn anor wheat one, but that is only since Europeans
introduces wheat to the Western Hemisphere.

: >>>> We are "omnivores", like bears. Except that bears are
: >>>> carrion eaters, unless you think hot dogs are carrion,
: >>>> then we are just like bears.
: >>>
: >>> No we're not.
How is our omnivoreness different from the bears? We both eat both
vegetable and flesh foods. The native people and the bears in Julie's
part of the country both look for the big salmon runs for sutenance
through the winter, the bears by pigging out to get fat for hibernation
and the naitive people to smoke the fish on alderwood to preserve it.

: >> Both humans and bears are omnivores. Neither one of us
: >> are herbivores as neither one of us can digest grass
: >> (cellulose). I am not sure what you are disagreeing with.

This is not all that I wrote, but I hope this, at least comes through.

Wendy