Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/18/2013 02:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> Cow have two stomachs, so they can digest cellulose. We
>>> can't. You missed the point.

>> You do know that cellulose is added to a lot of food. Right? And what
>> does
>> that have to do with vegetarianism? It doesn't!

> "cellulose" is called "bran" in humans. They derive no nutritious
> from. Grass is cellulose.

So? Cellulose is still put in a lot of food that people eat. We don't
derive any nutrition from Aspartame either. And I'll bet a lot of people
consume there here! And Splenda too.

>>> True. And it is really bad for them. It gives them ulcers [1]
>>> [2] [3]. It is unnatural to feed them corn. That is why feed
>>> lots have to race to fatten up cows before they kill them.
>>> We are not carrion eaters.

>> Cite that corn gives them ulcers?

> I already did. That was the "[2] [3]" in my sentence.

I don't want your sentence. I want the actual cite that shows where this is
true.

> > And we certainly can be carion eaters.
>> Ever watch Honey Boo Boo?

> No

Well, they eat road kill. So do apparently a lot of other people in this
country. Mainly in the South I think.

>> Seen those foreign films where the natives find a dead animal and
>> butcher it?

> Oh that can't be good. I have heard of American Indians that
> will leave a dead diseased animal to rot.

As I said above. Lots of people do it. And I never said they were
diseased.

>>> We can. We shouldn't. It is like eating pure sugar. I
>>> believed that stupid food pyramid and their healthy
>>> carbohydrates monkey shine. I truly believe it is what
>>> burned out my beta cells. I know we disagree on this subject.

>> No. It's not like pure sugar at all. And yes, we very much do disagree.

> Corn:
>
> http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/carbcounts/a/corn.htm
>
> Glycemic Index for Corn Glycemic index studies of
> corn report averages of anywhere from 37 to 62.
> An average GI of 54 is commonly used
>
> Table sugar:
>
> http://www.sugar-and-sweetener-guide...weeteners.html
>
> Sucrose Sugar 65

I don't care what the GI of any food is. I don't go by that. And corn has
nutrients and fiber. Sugar only provides energy.

>>> They use to feed dead cows back to cows. Gross. Cows are
>>> not cannibals. Gave them Mad Cow disease. Hmmm.
>>> Really thought that one out really well, didn't they.

>> Oh really? Cite for that, then! You make all these off the wall claims
>> and
>> just expect us to belive what you say!

> Not off the wall at all. I had 13 cites in the last letter
> I wrote you. Missed this one. Sorry.
>
> http://praisemoves.com/2012/04/cattl...d-cow-disease/

That's some sort of religous Chistian site. Not gonna read that!

>>> Both humans and bears are omnivores. Neither one of us
>>> are herbivores as neither one of us can digest grass
>>> (cellulose). I am not sure what you are disagreeing with.

>> Cite that the definition of an herbivore means digesting grass?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore
>
> Sorry I did not cite this as I thought you took biology in
> college.

Oh. Putting me down again then? I dropped out of college after the first
Semester or Trimester or whatever it was in those days. I did get an A+ in
both my regular and advances Algebra in Hish School. And your link did not
say anyting of the sort. I will quote:

"
A herbivore is an organism anatomically and physiologically adapted to plant
material, for example foliage, as the main component of its diet." Foliage.
You know, cabbage, lettuce, stuff like that. AFAIK there is no one animal
that can and does eat all leaves.

>>> Their are four basic type of mammals:
>>> herbivores
>>> omnivores
>>> carnivores
>>> carrion eaters
>>>
>>> We and bears are omnivores. Bears are also carrion eaters.
>>> Unless you think hot dogs are carrion, then ...

>> I know what carion is and some humans do in fact eat it.

> Hot Dogs!
>
> Eating carrion is really not a good idea.

>>> 100% agree.

>>> Play nice with the other children in the sand box.

>> Well, you're not really playing nice. Making all kinds of outlandish
>> claims
>> as though they were fact.

>>> Absolutely! [4] [5] Could this have been a contributing
>>> factor to your neuropathy? Vegetarianism causes all kinds
>>> of nerve damage if you are not careful to supplement
>>> and/or cheat on your diet (or eat figs). [6] [7] [8] [9]

>> That's not a cite. You put a quote from some place and didn't even
>> attribute to where it came from. I was a vegetarian for many years and
>> had
>> no nerve damage. I know plenty of vegetarians now with no nerve damage.

> Then you got your animal nutrition from somewhere. Did you suppliment
> or eat dairy, fish, etc.?

When I was a vegetarian I ate small amounts of dairy and egg. When I ate a
vegan diet it was entirely plant based. No animal whatever. I am
intolerant to dairy and eggs. I can not eat them now at all ever. I do use
leather products so for that reason can not call myself vegan. But I ate a
vegan diet. I had to stop this due to my gastroparesis. I do not digest
most vegetables, meats, fruits or fats very well. That leaves me with a
very limited diet. And because of this, I take tons of supplements.

>>> Oh yes, it is unnatural. So is space travel. It is up to the beholder
>>> to judge whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am not
>>> trying to offend you.

>> Now you say that space travel is unnatural? This is really getting
>> laughable. And you really are offending my sensibilities with all of
>> this
>> clap trap.
>>>
>>> If you are a strict, true vegetarian, meaning you do not consume
>>> any animal nutrition (insects or meat [and fish is meat]) or use
>>> science to synthesize what you are missing, you will get very ill and
>>> risk
>>> death. I would posit anything that hurts someone is a bad thing.

>> Totally untrue! Just freaking totally!

> I gave you lots of cites to nerve damage. Did you find them
> to be lying?

You gave me no cites whatever that said lack of L Carnitine causes nerve
damage. Do you even read those cites that you post?

>>> Some unnatural things are not bad things, like taking metformin.
>>>
>>> We can survive as pure carnivores, as do the Inuits [11], but we can
>>> not survive as pure vegetarians.

>> We could not survive like the Intuits. Few people in this country would
>> eat
>> what they ate. And it is not available to us.
>>>
>>> That being said, very few vegetarians really are. They are just
>>> picky eaters. They eats bugs (figs [12] and bugs in their grains),
>>> milk, eggs, fish, chicken and on and so forth.

>> Nonsenese! Please, please quit your lying! Please! Vegetarians can eat
>> dairy and eggs. Vegans do not. Vegans do not use any animal products.
>> Not
>> even leather. Vegetarians can use leather. Not all do

> First, play nice with the other kids in the sandbox.
>
> Second. Vegan is a particular type of vegetarian. I am
> using the term vegetarian as the master set of different
> types of vegetarians. Some Vegi's eat the things you
> cite and other do not. I was very clear what I was
> talking about. Stop reading offense were their is none.
> I am your friend, not your enemy.

Vegan is *not* vegetarian. There are three types of vegetarian. Lacto,
meaning that they only eat dairy and not eggs. Ovo, meaning that they only
eat eggs and no dairy. And Lacto/Ovo meaning that they eat both. Vegans do
not use any animal products of any kind. And you do not seem to be my
friend at all. If they eat fish they are Pescatarians. If people are
claiming to be vegetarian and then eating other things, they are not really
vegetarians. True vegetarians and vegans really do take offense to others
who do this! Do what you want but call it what it is!

>>> "Some" vegetarians do it to condescend. Makes them feel good about
>>> themselves without actually making the effort of being good people.
>>> Most vegetarians I know are doing it for their health -- to each his
>>> own.
>>> Hope they supplement and/or cheat on their diet. A lot of
>>> the meat we consume (not me) is pretty unhealthy. Not because
>>> meat is unhealthy, it is not, but because of what is in the meat
>>> and the unhealthy conditions it is raised under.

>> You are really insulting a lot of people by saying that.

> Who am I insulting? The condescending ones? I guess I am
> insulting them by calling their behavior condescending.
> They are condescending.

By calling them that you are being rude. Even by saying what you are saying
is rude. There is no cheating on a vegetarian or vegan diet. You either
are or you aren't. I can't say that I am now. I do eat some meat. But I
follow a mostly vegetarian diet.

> By the way, there are lots of nice vegetarians that don't
> condescend. In my humble experience, they way outnumber
> the condescending ones.

Whatever.

>> No. I really don't think so.

> We will have to disagree as friends

Well we can disagree.

>>> Keep those friends!

>>> There is hope. Females suffer from fat bigotry far worse than
>>> men. And since dieting makes you fat [10], guess what
>>> happens to women when they give into to social pressure
>>> and diet? (Should that have been a question mark or a period?)

>> Oh good grief!
>>>
>>> Men suffer from being "success objects".

>> Really good grief! Now you are insulting everyone and you yourself are
>> coming across as a bigot.

> Women as sex objects and men a as success objects. That is a common
> observation. It does not make me a bigot. But, your observation
> does make you come across as looking to pick fights were there
> are none.

OMG! You would never be my friend. Never! You just can't see yourself for
the bigot that you are.

>>> Our goal in society should be to judge people based on the
>>> strength of their character. Not what they look like.

>> Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh... How about we don't judge them at all? Of course
>> judging
>> is human nature too.

> You must make judgments to survive. The point is to make
> proper judgments.

Whatever that means...