Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/18/2013 02:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Nonsenese! Please, please quit your lying! Please! Vegetarians can eat
> dairy and eggs. Vegans do not. Vegans do not use any animal products. Not
> even leather. Vegetarians can use leather. Not all do.

Hi Julie,

I am not lying. We are using different definitions. Since
I did not know what your personal one was, I was using what I
thought was the common definition.

This is the definition I am using. Egg and dairy eaters
would fall under the definition of "Semi-vegetarians".
Apparently the "Vegetarian Society" (see below) doesn't
think they are vegetarians at all.

-T

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

Vegetarianism:

Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the
consumption of meat – red meat, poultry, seafood and
the flesh of any other animal; it may also include
abstention from by-products of animal slaughter, such
as animal-derived rennet and gelatin.

Semi-vegetarian diets consist largely of vegetarian
foods, but may include fish or poultry, or sometimes
other meats, on an infrequent basis. Those with diets
containing fish or poultry may define "meat" only as
mammalian flesh and may identify with vegetarianism.
A pescetarian diet has been described as "fish but
no other meat". *The common use association between
such diets and vegetarianism has led vegetarian groups
such as the Vegetarian Society to state that diets
containing these ingredients are not vegetarian, due
to fish and birds being animals.*