Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/17/2013 09:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> What's unnatural? Are you calling vegetarianism unnatural?

> Yes. Our eyes on the front of our heads, not the sides.
> We can not eat grass. We are born virtually blind and
> helpless. We can not run 30 minutes after being born.
> We do not have two stomaches. Yada, Yada, Yada.

We can eat grass. One of my customers bought bags of grass seed on a
regular basis to be used for sprouts. He ate them. Granted, most people
don't eat grass but we could. And no, we don't have two stomachs. Are you
comparing us to cows? Because cows can eat corn too. Are you saying that
we can't eat corn? These days cows eat all sorts of things. Well, some
cows anyway.

> We are "omnivores", like bears. Except that bears are
> carrion eaters, unless you think hot dogs are carrion,
> then we are just like bears.

No we're not. Just because we *can* eat things doesn't mean that we should.

> By the way, lack of Acetyl L-Carnitine causes neuropathy.
> See what I am getting at?

Nope. Except that you seem very misguided on a lot of things. Cite for
lack of Acetyl L-Carnitine causing neuropathy?

> Vegetarianism is unnatural. We are not cows or horses.

It's not unnatural for me or all of the other vegetarians and vegans on the
face of this earth.

>> What's a fat suite?

> It is a rubber suite that makes you look fat. Pretty
> realistic looking too. Lots of bigotry against fat people
> out there.

A rubber suite? Do you even know what a suite is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite?s=t&path=/

I'm pretty sure that you meant suit.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suit?s=t

Those fat suits that I have seen make the person look grossly obese. I have
never been grossly obese. I have been fat. I am fat. I have been thin. I
have been very thin. Some of the most cruel remarks that people made to and
about me came about when I was thin. As a fat person, I have only ever had
one person make comments about my weight. That person makes nasty comments
to and about any person who is overweight. He himself is very overweight.
More overweight than I am. This person has a lot of other issues and isn't
the most socially adept person. So his comments to me are meaningless.

Yes, I have seen those shows on TV and read magazine articles and such about
how the people in the fat suits were mistreated. But it could also be that
they were carrying themselves differently than normal. I just don't know.
I see plenty of fat people around here. People who are fatter than me.
I've yet to hear anyone make a disparaging comment about them.

My dad was and is fat. He had a very good career. Went far up in the
company. His weight didn't affect that at all.