Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
>> > The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
>> > hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
>> > cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.

>> <snip for brevity>
>>
>> Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
>> all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!
>>
>> Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
>> medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
>> take the brunt of it.
>>
>> And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
>> We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
>> of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
>> were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
>> not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
>> and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
>> Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)
>>
>> Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)
>>
>> -T

> My only point is that there is a certain set of concerns when you become
> a vegetarian,including B12, tryptophan, or zinc.

Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
solving some of the riddle.)

> Then there is the question of what drives a person to vegetarianism,
> health, esthetics, ethics? Whereas a bald, pot-bellied, man may look in
> a mirror and say, "not too bad",

Okay, you got me there, although I have never said "not too bad". It
is more like "OH DUUUUUUUUDE!" :-)

> women who are held to more rigorous
> level of perfection,

No disagreement arguement there. It always rankles when I
see studies were they have a skinny girl apply for a job and
then put the exact same woman in a fat suite and apply for
the same job.

I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
fat was the kiss of death.

>> Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

You are killing me here!

-T