Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/13/2013 02:08 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 03/13/2013 12:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I must be the odd one out then. Got high BP at about age 25 and high
>>> cholesterol by about age 35. I was a vegetarian.

>> Hi Julie,
>>
>> Not odd. The cholesterol thing is pure Bull S---. Take a look
>> at the following:
>>
>> http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf

> I don't know what that link has to do with anything. I did have high
> cholesterol but when I quit smoking, I no longer did.

That is because you did not read the link. No problem: no one
likes to be given a homework assignment.

I will summarize for you. The study was posted in the American
Heart Association's journal called Circulation. It is an "autopsy
study" on "Serum Cholesterol and Atherosclerosis in Man". Here is the
conclusion:

No correlation could be observed between the serum
cholesterol level and the amount and severity of
atheroselerosis in the arteries.

In other words, cholesterol and atherosclerosis is pure Bull S---.
And there are lots of other autopsy study with the same conclusion.

>> And, where it all started:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xbFQc2kxm9c

> Sorry. Not into videos.

Oh my goodness, you missed a good one. It is Senator McGovern
jumping chiming in to criticism of their being no evidence:

I can only argue that as I senator I do not have the
luxury that a research scientist has to wait for every last
shread of evidence to come in.

These wasn't and isn't any at all. This is of interest to me as
I wonder a lot if this monkey shine is not being pulled
on diabetics. (So far as I can tell, things are legitimate.
Although, I think a lot of the diabetes drugs will end their
life cycles in class action suites.) Statin-induced rhabdomyolysis
is a nasty way to die.

>> Your liver creates what cholesterol you need. And every cell in your
>> body needs it. And, EVERY hormone (read insulin) uses it as a
>> precursor.

> I didn't say that the body didn't need it.

Lowering it is dangerous. Would you like a research article
on how cholesterol is actually protective against atherosclerosis?

-T